Sunday, February 14, 2010

Blog Response 3

"If you were Christopher McCandless, you weren't fond of your family and didn't want to go back to them, and someone who you liked, respected, and enjoyed being with asked to adopt you would you do it? Why do you think Chris didn't want to? If he did would he have still gone to Alaska?"

I think that if I was put into Chris's shoes I would also have a hard time figuring out what to do. Because although it would seem like an easy choice to me about obviously being with someone you likes better, you have to think of what/how your parents will feel about your decision and it may haunt them or you forever. If it was his parents hated him and he hated his parents then by all means it would be in everybody's best interest to switch. If you thought you didn't like them or get along with them very well and just switched then it would be very selfish and crush your parents. I think personally I would debate about it but don't think that I could ever go through with something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment